Profit & Cash Training
Date: 18 April 2009
Trainer: Mr Simon Soh (Vistage)
Attendees: GSE members from various departments.
Objective: To maximize our inner wealth by understanding the concepts of business language ($).
1. Business is like a game of chance where the players are the stakeholders.
2. Taking risks & having the right timing is critical.
3. To practice Open Book management – share info & communicate, have meetings & discussions.
4. To understand the idea of Profit & Loss.
5. The importance of Paperwork & Documentation.
6. Change leads to Problems which require good Managing of making Decisions & Implementation.
Lessons Learned (as commented by Attendees)
- Calculated risk
- Communication skills
- Procedures – if you skip 1 step, you might miss out everything
- Always Ask
- Proper planning